Don’t let the name fool you. Honestly, I couldn’t think of a fancier or more attractive name for this dish. I was ready to share this recipe with you. You could use this like a condiment to add additional flavor to your food or you could add it to your meal.
Remember a few days ago we want to a local market where I bought roasted chili peppers, onions, garlic and tomatoes?
I made a paste out of it. You could do it too. It’s easy.
If you want the paste to be spicy, by all means, throw in all the peppers. Otherwise, can be made with no peppers, I made some without the peppers for my daughter.
You could also roast the main ingredients on a grill at home. Here in Thailand, it is much faster and easier to buy them at the market.
I used a mortar and pestle You could use a blender if you like or a small chopper.
- Start the with the garlic. Blend it or pound until they are smashed well .
- Add the roasted onions, and the tomatoes. Blend or pound until paste like.
- Add a bit of salt to your taste. If you want it to be more puree like, please add a small amount of water.
- Fish sauce usually makes the dish browner so I prefer to use just salt.
- There’s no right or wrong way to do this.
- If you want it more tomato-y add more tomatoes. If you want more garlic taste to it- add more garlic.
- This is why I do not have specific amount or measurement for the ingredients.
You can keep it in the fridge for a few days. I wouldn’t keep it in there for more than 2 weeks.
It Goes well with fried fish or meats and sticky rice. I would add it to my salads for extra kick and flavoring.
Well, I add this when I’m eating rice as well. Great with just the paste and fried eggs or soy sauce eggs on days I am on the lazy!
Now you try it. Experiment. To me, that’s the best part about cooking.
If you try this out. Let me know what you think. Come back and tell me how it turned out.
Cheers from Thailand, and until the next post, don’t forget to add chili-lime-garlic to your groceries list!